‘A DJ makes or breaks a party’. Whilst being a cliché this is a very true statement. The primary role of a DJ is to set a great atmosphere; play the right songs at the right times and generally ensure the event is an outstanding success. Whilst this may sound easy in principle there is a lot more to DJing than meets the eye. DJing is a skilled job requiring talent, timing, creativity and professionalism and unlike many skilled industries there are no governing bodies or training courses to ensure all DJs meet set high standards.
Realising early on that the success of our company rests squarely on the shoulders of our DJs we created our one-of-a-kind DJ training programme guaranteeing our customers a DJ of exceptional talent every time. Our unique DJ training programme focuses on the five following areas –
- Superior Customer Service – personal presentation, punctuality, approachability, polite & helpful personality, applying professionalism at all times, accommodating customer’s wishes…
- Equipment Use – safe handling, correct functionality & use, personal & public safety…
- In-Depth Music Knowledge – full knowledge of all popular music styles & decades, accommodating customers music requests & play lists, accommodating requests & dedications on the evening, correct aiming of music to different or specific age groups, reading & monitoring crowd response, music grouping & play orders…
- Advanced Mike Skills – applying the right voice (inc. personality, tone, clarity, grammar & volume) balanced crowd encouragement & interaction, clear general announcements…
- Special Event Formalities – professional application of formalities for the following events…
- Weddings (first dance, cutting of the cake ceremony, wedding send off and throwing of the bouquet)
- Promotions (promoting of products & services, store launches etc.)
- Presentations (mike compering & presenting)
- Surprise Birthdays (surprising birthday person upon arrival)
- New Years Eve (counting down to the New Year)
Apart from the knowledge of knowing each DJ has been rigorously trained by our training experts, another reassuring fact is that we only allow our DJ trainees to operate as a DJ when we are completely satisfied our high standards have been met.